Piercing, intriguing and ethereal, blue eyes are the envy of many. But what hair color should you wear to best showcase your baby blues? Whatever your skin tone or skin color, there's the perfect hair color for blue eyes waiting for you...
The best hair colors for blue eyes and fair skin
Blue eyes and pale skin are one of the most common combinations. Here our six of our favorite cool and warm hair colors for blue eyes and fair skin (darker skin types, your options are a little further on!):
Cool hair colors for light skin, blue eyes:
1. Cool ash blond: When in doubt, look at the color wheel. Opposite medium to dark blue, you'll find yellow, which is why cool and neutral ashy hair colors look so good with blue and gray/violet eyes. Think bronde (brunette + blond), beige and champagne combinations to give your hair some depth and create an overall ashy shade.
2. Cool platinum: Looking for a bolder hair color for blue eyes? If you've got cool undertones to your skin, you'll look fantastic with a crisp silvery platinum shade with zero brassiness.
3. Strawberry: Cool strawberry - or dusky rose, for a darker version - is a popular choice for those with a pale skin tone (and often a natural skin & hair color combination) as the pink hues emphasize your blush and give you a healthy-looking complexion.
Warm tones for blue eyes and fair skin:
4. Cinnamon brown: Imagine rich, warm brown with a hint of coppery shine where the light hits. Cinnamon brown looks stunning with blue eyes and pale skin, and you can customize how strong you want the copper to show through.
5. Honey balayage: Sunkissed hair, blue eyes, and we're suddenly transported to the US West Coast carrying a surfboard or a pair of skates. Balayage uses the art of foils to creates ultra natural-looking highlights where the sun would hit.
6. Dark auburn: A rich, warm brown with autumnal red undertones is ideal for showcasing bright blue eyes, and looks particularly striking when styled in big, Ireland-inspired curls.
Hair color inspiration for blue eyes and medium-dark skin
An olive/dark skin-with –blue-eyes combination is a rare gem that's worth celebrating and showing off to its best. You too can work either cool or warm hues depending on your skin tone. Here are six more examples:
Cool hair tones for blue eyes, olive and dark skin:
7. Pastel lavender: Dark skin and light, pastel hair is a striking combination that's guaranteed to make you stand out. We love, for example, a pale purple bob or pixie cut contrasting with dark skin.
8. Light blond, visible roots: Yes, it'll all about visible roots, and less about the perfect all-over shade these days. Play with the effect and try a cool light beige blond that starts a few inches down the roots.
9. Dark mocha matte effect: Have glossy waves had their time in the spotlight? We're seeing more and more matte styles on social media, like dark cool chocolate or mocha tones that put all the focus on your blue eyes. *Top tip* A dry hair shampoo is a great way to get the matte effect.
Warm hair colors for darker skin tones:
10. Rich dark brown: Do you have olive skin with blue eyes? What a stunning combination! Keep the focus on your face with a one-tone dark brown that's so rich it gives your hair depth and volume.
11. Deep burgundy reds: On dark hair, a balayage or ombré using red tones is a great way of adding some striking color without changing your shade entirely. Try warm wine tips, or strategically-placed sections of maroon red that increase down the lengths.
12. Soft gold highlights: By adding warm highlights around the face, you'll put your blue eyes on display and bring radiance to your complexion. Ask your stylist about hair contouring, a technique that, like make-up, uses different tones to give you the most face-flattering finish.
Image credits: Pixelformula
Content created by Webedia