WHAT IS RIGHT WHEN LOOSING ONE’S HAIR
Choice of hair products :
Do use a mild clarifying and densifying shampoo that coat the hair and makes it appear fuller.
Do adopt a healthy diet and exercise. Healthy looking-hair starts from the inside. Your hair needs lots of nutrients. Moreover, regular exercise promotes a healthy life and beautiful skin and hair.
- Do dry your hair gently. High temperatures can damage the scalp and the fiber by making it dry and removing the natural oils from its strands.
- Do let your hair dry naturally. Step away from blow dryers. You will avoid split-ends and hair damage caused by heat. However, it is not recommended to spend too much time with your hair wrapped in a towel.
- Do blow-dry your hair upside down. Blow-drying your hair against the grain creates volume. Your hair will get in the opposite direction and it will help lift the roots.
- Do massage your scalp to stimulate microcirculation and encourage an optimal function of scalp.
- Do exfoliate your scalp. You can use a hair scrub to remove the dead skin cells from your scalp and dirt from the hair. It will keep your scalp and hair clear and healthy looking.
Seek for professional help:
If you thing that you are suffering from hair loss or hair thinning, do not wait to speak to a specialist. You can ask your expert hairdresser who will make you a diagnostic; help you choose the right products for a short and long term effect. The hair expert will also give you professional tips appropriate to your look : right cut; products…
WHAT IS WRONG WHEN LOOSING ONE’S HAIR
Hair wash :
- Don’t over wash unless you use daily care products. Washing your hair every single day is damaging your hair by stripping off the natural oils from your hair. It will leave your hair lackluster, dry and dull.
- Don’t take hot shower. Washing your hair with water that is too hot may cause reactions on your scalp, especially in case of sensitive scalp.
- Don’t use hair-rollers. Leaving rollers on overnight will damage your strands.
- Don’t style your hair excessively. Excess heat from styling tools such as flat iron, blow dryers etc. can make scalp reacts to the heat and damage the fiber.
- Don’t multiply hair treatment. Before coloring and / or smoothing your hair ask for a professional advice. This type of treatments may cause hair sensitazion.
Bad hair habits:
Don’t tie and style your hair after washing them. Hair is more fragile when wet. Thus, combining tying, styling and wet hair is too damaging.
Chlorine or salt water can strip off hair’s natural oils known as sebum, leaving it unprotected so more prone to dryness, split-ends and dullness. Seawater because of high level of salt may also leave hair tangled and rough. Ambient air humidity can accelerate and even amplify the deleterious effects of UV. When going to swim, use a deep hydrating leave-in conditioner to help protect the hair fiber.